Kijiji Canadians can trade products and services, obtain employment, and establish local companies using the platform Kijiji.
Kijiji is the Swahili word for “village” and is pronounced key-gee-gee. We chose our name because it perfectly describes what we are building, a platform that allows users to connect with others in their local area. Through our online platform, Kijiji enables all Canadians to interact with one another, whether they are seeking a new phone, a local craftsman to remodel their kitchen, or a knitting group. Trade, learn, and be inspired!
The following are some quick stats about Kijiji:
- We are Canada’s top classifieds website
- We receive over 16 million unique visits each month *
- Kijiji is used by 50% of Canadians who use the internet
- At any given time, there are more than 6 million live advertisements on Kijiji, and more than two new ads are added there every second.
See our articles, advice, instructions, and more on Kijiji Central to find out how to get even more from Kijiji…
How Do I Sign Up?
To post an ad, you must register, which has several advantages and features. To find out more, click here.
To sign up for Kijiji:
- At the top of Kijiji, click the Post Ad option.
- Click Next after entering the title you want to use for your advertisement.
- We could recommend a category for your advertisement based on the title. You can pick one of the suggested categories or, if necessary, one primary category and one or more subcategories from the list below. You will have the option to select a Visibility Package if you are publishing an advertisement in the Services, Real Estate, Jobs, Used Cars & Trucks, or Vacation Rentals categories. You can just upload your ad as usual or select a package with features to increase the exposure of your ad in the listings.
- You will be taken to the Post Your Ad page after choosing your category, where you may enter the specifics of your ad, such as the price, description, photographs, and video, as well as pick extra options for better visibility
Select I Want under Ad Type to post a wanted ad. Choose a price of “Free or Swap/Trade” to list as either free or swap/trade. Please take note that only products being offered for free, with no further conditions, are allowed to be listed in this way.
- By default, your location will display a general region rather than your own street address. After entering your address, please check the “Show my exact location” box if you want your specific street address to be made public. To learn more about moving locations, go here if your address or postal code doesn’t display the region you want to post in.
Advantages of Registration
You may publish ads on Kijiji and manage them quite easily once you register as a user.
The following benefits are available to registered users:
- posting ads
- simply editing, promoting, or deleting advertisements in your Kijiji account
- managing your profile
- managing your paid ad orders
- managing your account settings
- and more!
Reasons Postal Codes Are Required
Do you believe that whether buying or selling on Kijiji, location, location, location is everything? We would as a neighborhood classifieds website! Finding an item that is in a particular location makes shopping easier. Because of this, we are now requiring sellers to publish their whole postal code with their listing on Kijiji.
These are the advantages:
- The distance search is more accurate, which is especially significant if your nearest Kijiji city is too big or too far away from your home; • You can search for goods or services in a specific location rather than having to sift through advertisements in a full city;
- Every advertisement will include a map showing the location of the item.
- Instead of an exact geographical pin, buyers will see a circle in the vicinity of the Postal Code on the map.
- Including your home address is optional, however, doing so will result in a red pin rather than a blue circle being dropped on the map at that location.
Please be aware
- That postal codes do not give precise addresses. There is no need to worry about buyers knowing where you reside since each one typically includes hundreds of houses.
- If you want your ad to appear in numerous cities, do not publish duplicate ads using different postal codes. We have the right to remove advertisements that negatively impact the user experience.